Jan 19, 2010

Intermediate Graphic Design Spring 2010

Welcome, new semester!

So for Intermediate Graphic Design we've been given the incredible task of re-branding a local business over the course of the entire semester. The business I have set my sights on is Movies Worth Seeing, an independently-owned movie rental store. I've only been in the store once and haven't had a chance to go back and do any interviewing yet, but I did look on their Yelp page, and it seemed that most reviewers said the same kinds of things:
  • Very knowledgeable
  • Wide range to choose from
  • More rare/obscure titles than can be found at other rental stores
  • Perfect for any film fanatic
  • Cheaper than Blockbuster
  • Has been part of the neighborhood for many (over 20) years
 I intend to go check out their competitors as well. Mainly Videodrome, which is probably the most well-known of the indie movie rental stores in town.

Looking at the Movies Worth Seeing website alone, there's definitely a lot of room for improvement. I'm excited to really get rollin' on this semester-long assignment!

No comments:

Post a Comment